Anthony Joshua versus Tyson Fury is a ‘done deal’, despite recent doubts being raised by the WBC champion’s promoter Bob Arum, says Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn.
Britain’s rival champions have agreed to fight for the undisputed world heavyweight titles this summer, with Saudi Arabia expected to stage the blockbuster battle.
Arum, Fury’s US promoter, has openly questioned why a deal has not yet been finalised, but Hearn has dismissed any concerns about the fight not going ahead.
“That’s how confident I am – out like a light switch!” 💡
If Anthony Joshua lasts three rounds, Tyson Fury has claimed he’ll quit in his corner… 😳💥 pic.twitter.com/HU2zfkSgyb
— Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) April 29, 2021
“I saw the comments last night from Bob Arum,” Hearn told Sky Sports. “I messaged him last night and said, ‘Is there something you want to tell me?’
“We last had communication on Friday of last week and Thursday. He said in the interview, we haven’t spoken for two weeks, yet five days ago he was telling the world it was a done deal.
“I think he’s trying to put pressure on. We’re a couple of days later than expected. The situation is still the same.