Connect with us

The True Herald


Sport

John Barnes offers Liverpool Jadon Sancho alternative as Sadio Mane fumes after bizarre incident – Liverpool Echo

Spread the love

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-barnes-offers-liverpool-jadon-20763264

Spread the love

Here’s your Liverpool morning digest for Tuesday, June 8.

‘I’d prefer’ – John Barnes tells Liverpool who Jurgen Klopp should sign instead of Jadon Sancho

John Barnes believes Liverpool should sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho this summer.

The Borussia Dortmund forward has been consistently linked with Liverpool over the last 12 months and that speculation is set to continue ahead of the summer transfer window.

Sancho had looked set to join Manchester United last year only for the Old Trafford club to fail to agree terms with the Bundesliga side.

The player is currently with the England squad in the North East as they continue to prepare for the Euros, but Barnes believes Dembele is the better option for his old side.

He told BettingOdds.com: “First of all, any top player is going to be linked with the biggest clubs, whether that’s Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona. So this whole idea of being linked with a club means nothing.

“You just have to look at the player that’s available, the amount he’s going to cost and the clubs that can afford him, then you can put two and two together and normally you’d get six or seven.

“As far as Jadon Sancho is concerned, out of the clubs rumoured to be interested in him I’d say that Manchester United is probably the best destination for him.

“At Liverpool I’d prefer a much more direct player. Jadon is very skilful and very tricky, but I believe that Ousmane Dembele would suit Liverpool out of all the potentially available players in that position.”

Support Our News Campaign

Shop our Store

Click Here To Shop

Click here for the full story

Must-read Liverpool FC news

Liverpool star Sadio Mane left fuming after bizarre incident during Senegal win

Liverpool star Sadio Mane has been fuming after being left in the dark.

Mane was on form on the pitch as he helped Senegal to a 3-1 victory in their friendly match at home to Zambia, opening the scoring from the penalty spot on 21 minutes before laying on an assist for his friend Ismaila Sarr – the subject of a recent social media post that baffled Kopites – for the third goal just before the break.

However, it was events at half-time that irked Mane as a power cut saw the 20,000 capacity Stade Lat Dior in Thies plunged into darkness and the sides were unable to retake the field for 35 minutes rather than the usual 15-minute interval.

Mane completed the 90 minutes and with Senegal now preparing for another friendly against Cape Verde at the same venue on Tuesday night, Sport Witness cite Foot Mercato as quoting the Liverpool forward as venting his frustrations over the conditions that he and his team-mates were forced to endure.

He said: “The Senegalese people deserve better. What happened is deplorable.

“For top level players, it’s complicated to wait 30-35 minutes and then get back into the game.

“What happened isn’t worthy of a football country like Senegal. I think they need to do better. And the state of the pitch was catastrophic.”

Click here for the full story

Subscribe to the newsletter news

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top Stories

Trending Stories

To Top